4096 COLLAR WITH TRACHEA OPENING
- Molded and shaped foam helps conform to any patient.
Perforated for ventilation.
- Made of lightweight, closed-cell foam material.
- Hook and loop closure for easy adjustment.
- Anterior cut-out for emergency tracheotomies and quick access.
How to wear:
- Measure around the patient's neck. If the patient's measurement falls between two consecutive sizes, try on the larger size first. After selecting the proper size collar, apply the collar to patient's neck. The chin should be resting on the molded chin support. Before attaching the Velcro® strap, make sure the patient's head and the collar are in neutral position.
- If patient is in a supine position, slide the back part of the collar behind the patient's neck until the Velcro® strap is visible.
- Pull the Velcro® strap from the back and secured it to the Velcro hook fastener on the side of the collar. If the chin is not sufficiently supported tighten collar. If additional tightening results in hyperextension of patient's cervical spine, select a smaller.
- Ligamentous injuries
- Mild and lower cervical strain and sprain
- Soft tissue injury