H2B offers Fetal Bovine Serum derived from clotted whole blood and aseptically collected from foetus via cardiac puncture.
The serum is collected or imported and treated in agreement with the European regulations (different origins available).
Fetal Bovine Serum is tested for the absence of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, fungi, yeast and Mycoplasma (by culture). It is submitted to a triple 0.1 µm filtration.
Several viral tests are also conducted on Fetal Bovine Serum:
- Bovine Viral Diarrhoea (BVD)
- Cytopathogenic agents (Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis / BHV-1)
- Hemadsorbing agents (Parainfluenza Type 3)
Thanks to its low level of antibodies and high content of embryonic growth factors, Fetal Bovine Serum is the most commonly serum-supplement used for cell culture.
Biological performance of H2B Fetal Bovine Serum is assessed using cell culture medium supplemented with it. During the test period, cultures are examined microscopically for any morphological abnormalities that may indicate toxic components in the serum.
- Cell culture tests: cell growth, plating efficiency, cloning efficiency
- Cell lines tested:
- HELA-Cancer Cell/Human
- L929-Fibroblast-Mouse/As Macrophage